12 Feb

For some reason, I’m writing less and less about my life. It’s been relegated to one weekly post, and that seems to suffice. Here’s what’s been happening the last week or so of my life:

It’s been rather a slow week this week. I feel like I wasn’t nearly as productive – in any aspect of my life – as I intended to be. The only thing of value that I accomplished this week was making chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes. It was totally worth the effort – they were divine. I’m craving another, despite the fact that they’re gone. We had a staff meeting on Monday, and it’s become my habit to bring some delicious baked good for everyone. These cupcakes were also made for the Super Bowl, which my family sort of watched (well, my dad did – everyone else, being women, watched The Holiday and the puppy bowl). We didn’t have a party or anything, but we made festive Mexican food and had cupcakes for dessert. Might as well turn it into somewhat of a holiday. I took a couple of them to Amanda’s house on Monday, where we got caught up on Vampire Diaries and watched The Bachelor with her roommate. I have to admit, as much as I was resistant to it, and as much as I don’t get and have tried to avoid the vampire obsession, I do like that show. It’s dramatic, for sure, but it’s interesting. Something different than what I normally watch. Anyway, I sometimes feel like Amanda and I have very different interests, so I’m trying to open up and have more things in common with her.

My mom spent most of the week in bed with the flu. I can’t believe she actually went to school during the week, but she did. I’m not sure if I passed off what I had to her, because her symptoms were a little bit different and lasted much longer than mine. It was rather quiet around the house, with her spending so much time in bed. We mostly just sat around watching TV without her, and eating dinner around the couch instead of the dining room table.

On Tuesday I went to a Boy Scout pack meeting to do a Silly Putty program. It was a lot of fun – making silly putty usually is. Those boys were so loud, though! We’d had a rather large, loud, obnoxious group in the Museum that day, so I was bombarded by noise pretty much the entire day. It was a lot to handle, and I just couldn’t escape it no matter where I went. Anyway, the program went well. It’s kind of weird to get back in the habit of doing programs again, after not doing any for so long!

On Thursday I was supposed to go to a local school for a BioFuels program, but they were cancelled for snow. Again. I can’t believe how much it’s snowed this winter! I’m so tired of it, because it’s messing up all my plans for everything. Not to mention all the stuff you have to carry around in the winter – coat, gloves, hat, scarf, purse – it’s too much! Anyway, I spent Thursday helping to clean out the art studio storage closet with Liz. Because I was supposed to be out at a school, I didn’t have any other projects planned for the day, leaving me with not much to do. The day just flew by – we were on a one-hour delay already, and before we knew it, it was 1:45 before we stopped for lunch. Liz, Kim, Heather and I all went to Cookout for lunch. It’s been open a while, but I’ve never been, despite hearing how good and inexpensive it is. I got a delicious peanut butter fudge milkshake – I’m craving another one right now because it was so amazing! I’m enjoying having lunch dates with staff again – either I’m not here, or Heather was home taking care of her son, or something else like that that kept our lunch dates from happening. It’s been a terrible week for dieting, despite my resolve to do better and my pact with Akinya that we’re going to be long-distance diet buddies.

Something else that kept getting put off is our first planning meeting for Earth Day. You remember what a challenge that was last year, so I’m not especially looking forward to it again. Altough surely it will be easier, having done it already, and having somewhat of a sense of what needs to be done. We were supposed to meet on Wednesday, but the lady from the Girl Scout office hurt her back. Our meeting was postponed to Friday morning, but she was still feeling badly, so it’s put off til sometime next week. It’s starting to make me nervous that we’re having to reschedule, just because I hope this doesn’t mean that we end up scrounging around at the last minute trying to get everything done (like last year). I’m much busier than I was this time last year, so I really hope I don’t end up having to devote extra time to this project.

Now that it’s the weekend, I’m trying to finish up a couple of little projects around my room that have been lying around for some time. They started back in December, when I was off work, and doing so much cleaning and organizing. There are a few little leftover things that need to be taken care of, so that’s what I’m up to. I’ve got a little bit of spring fever, so despite needing to save money and a totaly lack of need, I’m considering heading off to Target later to see what they’ve got in the clothing department. Maybe Kohl’s, too. I really, really shouldn’t. But I just can’t help myself!


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: