All Work and Some Play

25 Sep

In the middle of Jason Mraz this week, I did mangae to get a little work done. I had three BioFuels outreaches this week at the middle school. I’m just at halfway through with them out there. They’ve really been fun – I usually don’t get to work with sixth graders, so it’s been a nice change of pace. I definitely won’t miss the early mornings, though. Seriously, I could not be a teacher – getting up at the butt crack of dawn to be around kids all day. I’m not cut out for that 7 am stuff. I like my later mornings, thank you very much.

The plus side to doing such early-morning programs is that I can leave the Museum early. I don’t have to worry about staying til 5, because I’ve already got my hours in for the day. Also, I get to come in late some mornings, like Fridays, when I have late afternoon programs. It’s a nice trade-off.

Speaking of Friday afternoons, I’ve been going to all the different Coaition for Kids schools lately. Getting through that whole series of science and art lessons is nice, and using up my grant funding that I have to spend!

This morning I got up and headed out to Earth Fare for the Itty Bitty Bites Half-Marathon. We took the bubble table out there for the kids to play with, as well as my new tent for special events. I think it turned out to be a success. I definitely ended up being out there a lot longer than I thought. Which didn’t do anything to help me balance out my hours for the week. Maybe someday…

My parents have gone down to Columbia for the day to see my brother. My mom has spent the last couple of weeks cooking some of his favorite meals and freezing them. They’re not planning to spend the night, which I think is pretty crazy. It’s not a very long drive – about 3 1/2 hours, but to do that both ways in one day is definitely a lot. I kinda wish I could have gone down, too, but once again, was working. I’ll have some time off in October when I can spend time with my family, when we go to Folly Beach. I’m excited about that. So this afternoon, it’s just been me and my grandmother in the house. I decided to pull out my fall and winter clothes, go through them, and put up the summer things I’m not going to wear again this season. And as I mentioned earlier this week, the hunt for some fall dresses continues. But still, a productive day, both professionally and personally.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: