I’m So Tired

15 Sep

Well, it’s been quite the workweek so far. And it’s only halfway over. Monday kicked off one of the busiest, most random schedules I’ve had in a while. I had to be up bright and early to be at the middle school for a BioFuels program. I say bright, because it was still dark when I woke up, which didn’t help much. It was a very long day – leaving the house at 7:15, which I haven’t done in forever. It was weird to be back there – I haven’t been in that school since I was in 6th and 7th grade. I felt really old. I did three programs over the day, then came back to the Museum to clean up everything. I haven’t done BioFuels in a while – definitely not since our training in August. I have programs for 23 more classrooms scheduled in the next month and a half…which I’m just thrilled about.

We had a staff meeting, which I didn’t know about – last I heard we were still setting the time, and I’ve spent so much time outside the Museum recently that I didn’t get the memo – giving me just a few minutes to get ready. Not that I had much to report – I’m always busy, always on the go, always new projects. Having the staff meeting right when I got back from my programs meant that I couldn’t get anything done that I needed to. I ended up having to stay until about 6, just to get through my messages and record attendance and organize my to-do list for the coming days. It’s a pretty hectic week. I’m going to be out so much working that I’m not going to be in enough to actually get some work done. If that makes any sense at all.

Staying at work so late meant that I was late going to Nikki’s house for Lost. We had another Lost marathon – we’re almost through season 2 now. She made us a really deicious dinner of a tomato, mozzarella, provolone, and egg sandwich, with some edamame and homemade tapioca. It was really good – much better than all the fast food I’ve been eating lately. I brought the gecko in to her house – in her traveling cage, of course – because she and the roaches were going to a conservation camp the next day.

Speaking of that, those have been some long days. Yesterday and today was the second of three conservation camps I’m going to this month. This week was just as busy as last week, although not quite as cold or rainy in the morning. The day was actually really nice, which was lucky because I had the gecko and the cockroaches outside all day. It was so bright outside today that one of the roaches actually buried itself in its cage bedding. They’re nocturnal, and obviously don’t like the light. My groups yesterday and today were good, for the most part. The kids were really talkative, though, much more than some of my recent programs. Not a huge deal, but it’s distracting and annoying when people are trying to talk over you. Especially when it’s a bunch of loud 4th graders who should know not to talk when someone else is talking. But hey, that’s Carter County for you…

Anyway, it’s been a very busy week. BioFuels very early in the morning, lasting an entire school day. Two days of conservation camp – 24 programs in all. Tomorrow I have Coalition for Kids in the late afternoon, which hopefully will give me some time in the office to do some planning and catch up on everything I can’t do when I’m not at my computer. I’m planning on taking most of Friday off – I have to work some on Saturday, so to have two days off this week I’m only going to work for a few hours on Friday. There are so many things going on in my life right now – I just don’t know how I’m going to have enough energy to get it all done! On thing’s for sure – I’ve got to cut down on working so many hours, or else I’m going to run out before the end of the year!

My mom and I went to yoga last night, which helped us both to relax and relieve our tension. Of course, this started her on her rant of how we haven’t been to the gym regularly lately, meaning I’m going to soon be back in the routine of doing nothing but working and working out. We went to the gym for the first time in over a month, and I’m thoroughly exhausted. My voice is worn out from two days of straight talking, standing in the sun for six hours, and now working out. It’s not even ten and I’m seriously considering bed. I just don’t know how people get everything done during the day. How do people with families do it? How do you get your kids to school in the morning, get yourself to work, work for eight hours, come home and make dinner, spend time with your family, exercise, find time to relax, and get to bed at a decent hour? And where does that leave any time for anything else – piano lessons, soccer practice. And cleaning and running errands on the weekends? Seriously, I wear myself out just thinking about it. I don’t understand how people want to have that kind of life, where you’re too busy to actually enjoy anything about it. I think days should be 30 hours long – that way I’ll have enough hours of daylight to get everything done that I need to, and get plenty of sleep. I think that would be much more productive. So Earth, if you’re listening, you might want to change the rate of your rotation about now.


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: